Saturday 21 April 2007

Sun and serenity in Suffolk this afternoon. What a contrast to yesterday's choppy waters - anger all day, followed by sulks and whining at being left out of the party. I made it in the end though, and now I feel like I'm stationed at the door, welcoming everyone in with a gracious wave and thrusting a glass of red at them, as if I've been here all along. The children have been ignored again, although they don't seem to care; I've been fiddling with my new page, proud as a new Mum, and R, never content to let the day pass by in a relaxing fashion, has decided to create a window seat in the kitchen. Very much pro the window seat - I've always missed the one we had in our last house - but slightly startled to see one wall of the kitchen demolished and gaping. We're going out tonight, and I feel quite sorry for the babysitter who will no doubt be taken aback by spending her evening in half a house - the tarpaulin flapping, the owls hooting, and the chill winds blowing ..... it's spooky in Suffolk, you know. I'll leave the fridge well stocked as penance.

16 comments:

. said...

Hello! Love your new page - very blue! Isn't it nice to be here?!

Elizabeth Musgrave said...

now it all feels to be getting straight, like starting to unpack after a house move.

lixtroll said...

Congratulations on your safe arrival, alovely blog and a super page! Window seat sounds lovely idea, it will be worth it in the end - hope you have a lovely evening out!

Posie said...

Good to see you here. I've just made it.

countrymousie said...

Hi yes the chatroom has decided we are "CHILDISH" - perhaps they have come in the thing half way through or something. Go out and enjoy yourself. I think we will find what we are looking for here - its a wonderful little site, especially considering the time scale.

@themill said...

I think we're all feeling very much at home! Lovely blue. I'm more to the blue/grey I think!

Sally Townsend said...

Nothing like a window seat from which to watch the world pass by x

Kitty said...

Lovely to read you again.

Eden said...

spooky in Suffolk I know what you mean. About owls (not of the charming plop the barn owl variety but of the rather scary haunting type) and wind and creaking trees. isn't it nice to be able to write just whatever you feel like writing with no one looking over your shoulder?

LITTLE BROWN DOG said...

Lovely to see you here at last, Suffolkmum - and your page is a beautiful blue: very calming (which I guess is what we all need at the mo.)
Enjoy your evening (and I hope your babysitter isn't dressed like ours was recently on a very cold night - bare legs and a short skirt. Not babysitting in the country garb at all.

Blossomcottage said...

Hi and welcome, I hope the end of the week we will will all be up and running and all will be forgotten.
Lovely blog Blossom.

Un Peu Loufoque said...

Hello love the wallaper! Any wine left ? Hair of the dog? stale sausage roll ? i'm not fussey!

Faith said...

Hello, think I may have got in but feel very odd. Wanted to come to yours cos knew others would head here too!

Pipany said...

I'm in! I'm in! It's taken me forever, but here I amand it's great.Where's my glass? So lovely to be able to read you again, Suffolkmum.Don't think I'll actually manage a blog till tomorrow - oh dear, sounds like I need to see a doctor!!! xx

Woozle1967 said...

Hi SM! I think we all need a glass of red after the stress of all this! Am struggling my way around the site and think I need to decorate my page having seen yours and a few of the others!xx

Pondside said...

Welcome in SM - I hope you have a great evening. I remember when we had a sitter come during renos - had to make sure to put a huge sheet of plywood over the hole in the kitchen floor so that he didn't fall through to the cellar...we wanted him to come back and sit again, after all!